Tuesday, 10 September 2013

Knavecon 2

I went to the local boardgame convention at the weekend and spent the day playing various games some old and some new. I helped organise a game of X-Wing in the morning where we had 12 Imperial blast 8 Rebel scum out of the sky.

Took a break for a while and wandered around the trade stands and chatted to people. Bought myself these 2 old gems from the bring and buy. I've never played them but couldn't resist them.



No of course I have to track down the 12 metal figures that came with the Heroes for Dragonquest box set. The trials of being OCD. I also got my hands on a bunch of movement trays that Wee Gamers were selling off quite cheaply. got this lot for just over a tenner.

Also played a game of Block Mania, I had never played it before and will never play a 5 player game again as long as I live. As a wise 11 year old commented that was 4 hours of my life I will never get back again. I'm sure a 3 player game would be a lot of fun but 5 was too many. 

Rounded off the day with a great game of Spartacus and a few card games whose names I can't remember. All in all a great day and I can't wait till the next one.

8 comments:

  1. Sounds like a grand day out - nice find with the Dungeonquest and good luck with tracking down those minis!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard Blockmania has aged badly! Fantastic work getting those Dungeonquest bargains though, not bad compensation at all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WP - Blockmania could still be fun with 3 players all of whom knew the rules and with a bit of back stabbing. The problem with 5 players was that the firepower was spread too thin although we did manage to take down one Bloc in a catastrophic chain reaction. That was fun. If I saw it cheap I'd pick it up and give it another try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OK, thanks for the info. A friend of mine has a copy and we will no doubt get a game in some day, I will use your experience to help things turn out for the best.

      Delete
  4. I am struggling to read replies with your new layout, comments are fine but I replies are invisible. Basically, I said thank you and I will put your tips into practice when I play a mate's copy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just realised I can highlight as if I'm about to cut & Paste or something and it shows up the reply. It's white writing on a white background!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for highlighting that (no pun intended) I'm just checking to see if it happens to me too.

      Delete
    2. It did and now the problem is fixed. I hope

      Delete