Tuesday, 16 October 2012

Eeza Ugezod's Mother Crushers

These were always one of my favourite of the original Regiments of Renown but as I never saw them in the old Diceman, the only gaming shop in my home town of Dublin when I was a kid, I never got to own any of them. Well now I'm happy to report that I have a full regiment of these wonderful Nick Lund figures. To celebrate this momentous occasion I have placed them first and foremost on the workbench.

So far all I've done is clean them up, undercoat and pre-shade them and prepare the bases but I thought I'd show the progress so far anyway. This way if I slow down I can be publicly harassed until I finish them.

First up is the big man himself Eeza and four of his troopers

 Next up is Ognir his percussionist and another bunch of troopers

 The standard bearer and four more troopers

And finally the Champion and the last of the troopers

I'm going to go back to the original colour scheme for these guys and give them a dark brown or greenish brown skin tone - they are Black Orcs after all. If I can I'm going to give them a more 'realistic' look using mainly natural colours for the furs and leathers. Hopefully it'll all work out somewhat like the image in my head.

I have more plans for these guys. As is obvious from the photo the standard bearer is not entirely genuine, the first one I got my hands on was broken so I sculpted my own flag pole and flag from green stuff. I was going to replace him when I got the proper one (thanks Thantsants) but I kinda like him so I've decided to gradually collect a few more of the troopers and have a large enough force to field wither two regular sized regiments or one huge Juggernaut.

1 comment:

  1. Nice work on that standard bearer!

    Looking forward to seeing these guys painted up - mine are languishing way down in the paint queue or in the dettol bath.

    Definitely one of my fave regiments too :)

    ReplyDelete