Sunday, 29 July 2012

To Sell or not To Sell....

As I was sorting through that box of old minis I found some odds and ends that I had forgotten about. I'm pretty sure that these are worth something on the open market but the question is would I regret selling them in the future? These include 2 Chaos Dwarves, the dwarf gyrocopter and 3 or 4 Chaos Thugs and 5 of those wonderful C27 Pygmies (Puff, Umpopo, Ugh, Agh & Og) as well as a dozen or so Bretonnian blister packs.

The Chaos Dwarves I don't really care for although you never know. As for the pygmies, well its quite likely that I would never use them BUT I could see myself regretting selling them if I ever headed off into the jungles of Lustria. The thing is what do you do with only 5 pygmies and it would cost a lot to make any sort of army out of them especially when I have more urgent needs at the moment.

The other alternative is to add a trade page to the blog and see what people might offer in exchange.

Decisions, decisions.


3 comments:

  1. Hey there

    Hi

    Welcome to the blogosphere!

    Don't sell the pigmies! All the other stuff you mentioned, you can get - but pigmies? They would be a much more valuable trade later on, depending on what you're collecting.

    I've had some good successes with my trades page, so I would heartily recommend you set one up.

    What figure ranges are you aiming to collect?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've come to the conclusion that it is a bad idea to sell anything - you can always guarantee that a year later you just have to start up a Chaos Dwarf warband.

    Mind you if someone else has something shinier trading is always a lesser evil ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the comments lads. At the moment my main focus is on Orcs and Goblins, but I'll deal with that in the next post. I think I'll do as Gaj suggests and put up trading pages that way if I do regret trading something later I'll have something better instead.

    ReplyDelete